As of May 31st, the state of Rhode Island will allow houses of worship to open with capacity restrictions. As such, the Masjid will resume prayer services beginning Sunday night, May 31st. To ensure your safety, the Masjid will be professionally sanitized before it is reopened.
The First Friday prayer will take place on June 5th. But for safety concerns, it will be brief, starting at 1:00 PM sharp and ending at 1:15-1:20 pm.
In compliance with the social distancing policies still in place, the Masjid’s capacity will be limited to 30 worshippers. This number is subject to change as the state of Rhode Island continues to assess the situation. To guarantee compliance, the doors will be locked once the capacity is reached. If there is a demand and after assessing how this new policy unfolds, we will consider adding a second prayer in the future inshaAllah.
As we try and keep you safe, we ask that everyone do their part and comply with the following guidelines:
- If you have any symptoms or do not feel well, stay home.
- Face Masks are required to enter the Masjid per the state regulations.
- Keep a safe distance from others.
- Do not shake hands or hug others (if you personally don’t believe in that, do it for the safety of others)
- It is recommended to bring your own prayer rug.
- Due to the space limitations in the current building, Friday Prayers will be open to men until the state allows for an increased capacity.
- Keep kids at home.
Welcome to the website of the Muslim Society of Rhode Island
Masjid Al-Rahman serves the muslim community in the city of Pawtucket, RI and the surrounding towns.
Every one is welcome to come and join the services in the masjid or to learn more about Islam
Regular services offered at the Masjid:
- Friday Prayers at 1:00 PM
- Daily Prayers
- Weekly Lectures Friday night.