بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
The Muslim Society of Rhode Island - Masjid Al-Rahman
Purposes and Objectives to Purchasing a New Masjid
The community had witnessed over the years continuous growth both in numbers and activities. With the limitation of the current space, the community reached its potential. There is a definite need for a larger location as there are more plans to expand on the current activities.
The Proposed New Masjid and Community Center
The proposed building will be constructed on a piece of land located at 665 Central Ave in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. The land area is about 30,000 square foot; 5,000 of which will be designated to building of the new mosque.
New Building Design
The new Masjid building will feature:
- Approximately 6,000 Sq Feet ground floor with additional 3,000 Sq Feet in the basement for social events.
- Prayer hall that holds 400-500 worshippers.
- Proper Wudu area, Conference Room, and an area dedicated for children.
- Architecture and Design Complete and approved by the City. 90K
- Excavation, Shoring and Foundation complete. 250 K
- Steel Framing: Estimated Cost 350K. Funds at hand 120K.